FAQs Regarding Chiropractic Care and Neck Pain
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car or motor vehicle collision in the Granite City, IL, area, you may experience lingering neck pain because of the impact. The reality is that even a minor car crash injury should be assessed by a team of skilled practitioners, like the professionals at Regenerative Health and Chiropractic.
Because the symptoms stemming from a neck injury may not show up right after the trauma, any delay in seeking treatment by a chiropractor may lead to chronic pain or a long recovery that could have been avoided had the chiropractic care and treatment begun sooner.
What Are the Symptoms of a Neck Injury?
Neck injuries happen for a variety of reasons. Each of these varying neck injuries manifests with unique and overlapping symptoms. And it is noted that certain symptoms related to neck injuries can be tricky as their symptoms have the potential to come on suddenly, over time, come and go, or develop into ongoing or chronic pain. A neck injury may cause:
- Stiffness, warmth, or dull and aching neck pain
- An inability to move one’s neck up and down or in any direction
- Shooting pain and muscle spasms that travel across the shoulders and upper back
- Headaches, nausea, or dizzy spells
- Tenderness near the back of the skull
- Mood changes
- Lack of focus
- Ringing in the ears/blurred vision
What Are the Types of Neck Pain/Injuries?
Most neck pain results from an injury or the natural consequence of the aging process. Whiplash, among the most common neck pain causes, refers to a condition in which the soft tissue in the neck becomes damaged or injured. Neck pain may also result from:
- A neck sprain or strain
- A disc that is herniated disc
- A neck fracture
- Sore/stiffness of muscles and tendons in the area
- A pinched nerve
- Cervical spondylolisthesis
How Can Chiropractic Treatment Help Neck Pain and Injuries?
A chiropractor can help reduce/eliminate pain using a variety of treatment options. These include:
- The application of hot or cold packs
- Chiropractic spinal adjustments
- Temporarily reducing the neck’s motion
- The application of electrical nerve stimulation
- Massage or physical therapy, to name a few
Ready To Schedule an Appointment With Granite City, IL's Leading Chiropractor?
Are you or someone you know experiencing neck pain that has begun to impact daily life? If so, call the team of chiropractic professionals at Regenerative Health and Chiropractic at 618-931-2050 to schedule a neck pain consultation with our chiropractor today.